Monday, September 26, 2011

I Hate My Name -- by KittyCat

I'm a handsome tuxedo cat. No brag--people say so all the time. I'm taking over Mom's blog on Mondays. She checks email, then leaves the office to clean house with the vacuum cleaner. I call it Monster.

Wanna know what Mom named me? --KittyCat. Go ahead...laugh. That would be like if your parents named you Human, right? Just imagine: your're at a neighborhood cookout and a new neighbor and his sister who's visiting comes up to you.

"Hi," he says, "I'm Reginald Quigley, and this is my sister, Zelda." Well, Reginald's real pleased how they meet someone who doesn't stifle a snicker when hearing their names.

"Human," you say, shaking his hand, and smiling big at Zelda.

"Uh..." Reginald looks real confused. "But..."

Zelda jumps in. "But what's your name?"


Uh, O--I hear Monster coming close to the office. I'm outta here... More next week.



(c) 2011 Bernice W. Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment